Date:      Sat, 23 Dec 2000 12:04:39 -0800
From:      Bengt Richter <bokr@accessone.com>
To:        opentrax@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh - are you nuts?!?

You are clueless as to the effect of your word choices.
Thank you for reading that.

Please note that I am not writing this to flame, but in
an attempt to be helpful ;-)

At 15:37 2000-12-22 -0800 opentrax@email.com wrote:
>Thank you for your attention.
	Your subject line got my attention, but so would having
	someone tug at my sleeve, or worse impertinence. How about
	"Please help me prepare for SSH talk" ?

>Next month I'm giving a talk about the evils of SSH.
	If you don't know that the above sentence strongly
	implies the existence of the referred-to "evils,"
	may I suggest that you attend an English refresher.
	(Please don't tell me an empty set can exist).

	If you are going to invite others to express their
	opinions, the implicit assertion of your own as
	unqualified fact is not a good starting point.

>The talk schedule is posted on:
>http://www.svbug.com/events/
>I've already circulated this message to the OpenBSD
>'tech' mailing list and the NetBSD 'security' mailing
>list. Now, I've like to hear from the FreeBSD community.
>
>The question asked is: why you believe ssh is beter
>than say telnet. Or what advantages SSH has in general.
	Your foreplay stinks. You are trying to take advantage
	of my natural interest, but your approach forces me
	to overcome negative feelings before I can participate,
	which I would otherwise willingly do. It's a shame, really.

>Please note, I'm not here to flame or troll, just
>ask questions. Your responses determine the tone
>of all conversations.

	Your subject line resonated with the tone of crass
	attention grabbing. Do you disclaim all responsibility
	re tone, after thus giving everyone a goosing in an
	area of interest? If you are used that, you watch too
	much TV.

>Lastly, please trim the CC: line as you feel appropriate.
>

>                        Thanks.
>                        Jessem.
	That's ok. HTH. Really.

Regards,