Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 21:11:45 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Bus redundancy...

Wilko Bulte writes:
>> We had that on VAXes with VMS (Not AT&T Unix, and I do not think BSD).
>
>  A couple of years ago while working at Philips Info Systems we had a
>  SysV2 derivative that could do powerfail/restart (as we called it).
>  It used some battery backed up RAM, and it was not a PC (M68K cpu).
>  Having never worked on that kernel I don't know how they did it.
>  But it worked pretty well.

hey ! I did that while I was at UniSoft (RIP). Glad that _somebody_ thought
it was OK. I could probably wake up enough brain cells to say how it worked
(it was about 11 years ago). It was one of the more interesting projects
I worked on at the Munich office.

Spent the longest 3 months of my life in Eindhoven finishing up a port
to a 68020 system for Philips.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de