Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 01:16:26 -0500
From:      "Bob Stump" <bob@stumpweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ftp proxy?

How can I get my FreeBSD 2.2.8 to direct ftp requests to my (Win-95) proxy
server?

Win 95 is running Avirt's Spaghetti-Proxy-Server/2.1a which Works Great with
other Win machines on my network and Works Very Well with the FreeBSD
machine when running Netscape, (which has a setting for proxies).  The proxy
server works - I just have to set it up right.
Proxy server is on 192.168.251.1
I tried setting the variable FTP_PROXY = 192.168.251.1  and it didn't work.
I tried "socket" from the ports collection, but still couldn't get it to
work.

This should be simple - right?

Thanks

--