Date:      Fri, 03 Oct 1997 12:20:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-dlm@primer.i-connect.net, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advice Seeked - Non-Invasive Metrics Techniques

Hi Jason Thorpe;  On 03-Oct-97 you wrote:
>  On Fri, 03 Oct 1997 00:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
>   Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net> wrote:
>
>   > I need to carefully tune and analyze timing and perfromance
>  statistics.
>   > Mainly to identify why some rotines in the DLM take so much time.
>
>  I guess generic kernel profiling isn't enough, here?

It is not an issue of ``not enough'' but rather of ``too much''.  I need a
light-weight mechanism that can stay there.  Also, for my own edification,
I was curuious about the efficiency of my code.

---

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313