Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:59:41 -0700
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc:        Arthur van der Peijl <aavanderpeijl@gmail.com>, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ACPI problems op ASrock

On Saturday, September 26, 2015 10:17:20 AM Arthur van der Peijl wrote:
> Thank you for assistance: powerd must clearly not be my focus: the CPU stays high and thus cannot go into idle mode.

Yes, I don't think tcc or throttling is related here.  Your issue is that something is
queueing tasks to the ACPI task queue threads (or a task is getting stuck in a busy
loop).  AFAIK there isn't really a great way currently to see which tasks are being
queued to a taskqueue and how long they are running.  It might be a nice thing to add
some KTR traces for, to log how long tasks run on a given taskqueue thread (I added
something a while back for callouts so they show up in schedgraph with the function
pointer and you can then use a debugger to map that pointer to a symbol name).

As an initial guess you might try identifying tasks that can be queued and adding some
stat counters exported via sysctl for different functions.

--
John Baldwin