Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 20:30:42 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>
To:        Brian Hopkins <hop@danny-boy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail account only, no login

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Brian Hopkins wrote:

> Is there a way to create "mail only" accounts?  I want my bsd
> 2.1.7 machine to only deliver mail via popper and act as a proxy
> (using squid).

[it seems good days to promote qmail ;-)]

Brian,

I don't know how to do it with sendmail+popper, but I just did it
with qmail+vqpop (www.qmail.org)

vqpop does work, but is still in alpha stage, so both documentation
and installation is painful.

Cheers

Marco Molteni
Computer Science student at the Universita' degli studi di Milano, Italy.
                 "Whuffo you jump out of them airplanes?"