Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 07:49:25 +0200
From:      Marc Silver <marcs@draenor.org>
To:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Hangup" in mail from cron

What are you running from cron?  Try listing the crontabs (and check
/etc/crontab) and look for anything strange.  I couldn't find anything
in the cron source that might indicate that it's cron itself causing the
problem.

If it's a particular user's cron causing the problem, then email the
crontab for that user to the list.

Cheers,
Marc

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 12:33:48PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> 	I have on two occasions now received a mail from cron re a job
> that has nothing but the word "Hangup" in the body. These are both on 3.4
> systems, both -Release and -Stable. I have no idea what cron is trying to
> tell me here, and a search of the man pages, web site and mail archives
> turned up nothing.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Doug
> --
>         "Live free or die"
> 		- State motto of my ancestral homeland, New Hampshire

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
They're in each other all along...