Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 11:29:56 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Paul <Apollo@thsos.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No A records ?

On Wed, Aug 27, 1997 at 05:52:32PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> Hello,

Hello.  Are you Paul Sammann?

> What do I need to do to correct a problem that I have no idea
> of its source....
> whois cannot find a route to my server...
> nslookup tells me no A records found...
>
> Everything has been working great for months nothing has been
> changed... I rebooted several times... killed -HUP'd named and
> still get this error? I went into etc directory and checked my
> A records they look ok.... does anyone have a clue as to what
> is causing this problem?

With the little evidence you've given, I'd guess either:

1.  named isn't running
2.  Your DNS configuration is messed up.

Of course, if you had given more information, I might have been able
to guess better.  But I can look at your DNS configuration, assuming
you are talking about thsos.com.  It shows A records for
router.thsos.com and bob.thsos.com.  It also shows serial number 15,
which gives no indication as to the age of the entry.

What host are you looking for?  If it's 'server.thsos.com', as your
message implies, then you need to add an entry for it.

Greg