Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2021 15:16:27 +0100
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Move jails hard way to iocage

On 26/03/2021 10:28, Jacques Foucry wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> I run many jails, configured in the "hard way" (ie `/etc/jail.conf` file) and
> I would like to move them into iocage.
>
> I can't find any help on the Internet (may be I did search corretly).
>
> Did some own have a pointer or a how-to?

I am not using iocage but it should not be hard. I guess you can create
jails with names and setting you want (not start them) and then move
(rename) ZFS filesystems if they are used in your current setup. Or just
move files with rsync from old jail to new jail. What will be better for
your setup.

Miroslav Lachman