Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 2002 22:27:28 -0400
From:      "J.M. Warenda" <warendaj@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Curious for some pointers...

    I've written this list in the past with various problems and I must say
big kudos to everyone, I've always gotten the most helpful responses.

    I was wondering if any really experienced FreeBSD users might be willing
discuss some networking stuff via email and give me a few pointers.  I run a
Pentium 166 FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE system with two Netgear FA311 cards as a
natd gateway for my cable modem.  I had originally installed X with plans of
running monitoring software for security and informational purposes, having
private use daemons, etc etc ... but mostly I've just wound up using it for
xchat since I didn't know much about what software to run, alternatives to
default daemons, etc etc.

    So I was just wondering if someone with some experience might be willing
to offer some input on the subject and field some additional questions.
Thanks again to everyone on the list for their consistantly solid info.

-John