Date:      Sun, 31 May 2015 11:25:11 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: easy to use WYSIWIG editor for VT102

On Fri, 29 May 2015 11:05:28 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an easy to use WYSIWIG editor which could be used on
> VT102 terminals by my 9 years old son (to let him write mails and text files).
> 'ee' is an option, but maybe there is something more fancy supporting
> this type of terminals.

I could suggest Joe's Own Editor (joe) which I have been
using on a VT-101. If your baudrate is sufficient, you
can even use the Midnight Commander's Editor (mcedit),
and it's _very_ easy to use.

Basically all text editors are WYSIWYG, except probably
ed, the _standard_ editor, which is YAFIYGI (you asked
for it, you got it). :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany