Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:16:12 +0100
From:      Johan Kooijman <mail@johankooijman.com>
To:        Erik Stian Tefre <erik@tefre.com>
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What types of SSDs to use.....

I'd go with Intel's. We've been using SSD's from Intel for years now, both
in ZFS and non-ZFS configurations and had no issues whatsoever.
We also tried the route of trying cheaper ones, including the 840 Pro's,
just to save money. Turned out that under really heavy workload (ZIL or
massive databases) you really want Intel's, unless you like being in the
datacenter to replace SSD's on a regular basis.

My experience is based on Intel 320, 510/520,  X25 and for a large part
S3700's. Haven't used any other SSD for the last 18 months other than the
S3700.