Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:00:43 -0500
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Tadimeti Keshav" <keshav_tadimeti@yahoo.co.uk>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: is my sound card supported?

I've found that FreeBSD so far has supported every odd sound card
I've thrown its way.

Even (especially!) those on-board sound things built into
motherboards and laptops these days.  FreeBSD supports them all (and
Windows usually doesn't without the special CD-Rom from the
motherboard manufacturer.)

Just add "device pcm" to the end of the kernel conf file, build a
new kernel, and I'll bet almost any sound card will work on reboot.

This question has been answered many times on this question list.
You would have found your answer if you had searched the questions
archive like you are supposed to do before posting here.

No sound card will work without this kernel device added.
You have more than enough HD space to compile the kernel.