Date:      Sun, 10 Jul 2005 12:26:29 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Has this box been hacked?

The person who set the system up did not leave on bad terms.
However, before taking the system down and setting it up
from scratch (and charging them to do so) I'd like to know
if anyone is aware of whether what I saw is common on boxes
that have been rooted. Is that "shutdown" entry cause for
concern? Is there a way in which it could have happened
innocently (e.g. due to a power failure that left the disk
inconsistent)?

--Brett Glass