Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:56:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   make world errors - on not just current

In recent weeks, I've been plagued by make-world errors, usually a 'signal
10' sometime in gcc compilation on a few of my machines:

cc -O -pipe ......
/local1/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc1plus/../../../../contrib/egcs/gcc/cp/semantics.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 10
*** Error code 1

It happens at random moments; i.e. differnt files normally, but does not
seem to be a hardware fault, as three different machines do the same
thing. Using a 'make -DNOCLEAN world' one can 'push' it through.
Specifically current 'current' is a pain.

The weirdness is that I see this, to some extent, on several platform;
2.2.8, 3.2 and current. These are all pulled from CD and cvs-supped to
their levels and stored on different (local) hard disk's with each machine
(ide or scsi). The 'only' thing I can think off which is the same across
the machines is that they all use 'de0' ethernetcards. Almost everything
else is different, processor, memory, motherboard, etc. Powerspike's are
not too likely either; as at least one machine is on UPS.

Any hints or idea's as where to look ?

Dw