Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:32:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        MWingate@cbm-wa.com (Marcel R. Wingate)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD FTP

> 	How do I create an ftp "mirror" of FreeBSD?  I want to have a local
> ftp site at my organization from which to install or update freebsd.  Is it
> as simple as copying the tree or is it more involved?

Yes, it is as simple as copying the tree.  I do this myself.

I created a "freebsd" user.  Under its home I placed directories such
as 3.2-RELEASE.  Copy the contents of the desired version into a directory
with the same name as on ftp.cdrom.com.  Then point the installing machine
to your server.

Jon Doran