Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:18:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Anderson <bunicula@mediaone.net>
To:        Phil <ReachMe@Syne-Post.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cgi errors

first off,

hello list. i'm a new subscriber. i've got about a year of linux-admin
experience, and several years of solaris/irix/linux from a user side. i
just installed freeBSD last night, and so i'm on this list.

now, to the question:

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Phil wrote:

> So, when I go to this page I always get the
> same error message. I'm sure
> you have all seen it before;
> Internal Server Error
>
> The server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was
> unable to complete your request.

That could be just about anything. Can you try running the script from the
command line on the machine? It could be a string that is missing a ", or
a ;, or some similar syntax error.

the premature end of script headers (in my experience) has usually been a
pretty simple error in the code.

um, not that i've ever done that or anything :)

brian