Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 16:38:53 -0500 (GMT+5)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@freenet.bishkek.su>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SOCK_RAW

 Hello people,
 Actually this is BSD C-related programming question, but since i didn't
find any kind of freebsd-c-programming mailing lists.(time to have one?) I
think that's the best place to ask:

 I came to bsd from linux, and abit got stuck with its raw packet socket
programming. I used to use SOCK_PACKET type to get raw stream of data from
ethernet infreface running in promisc. mode, but found out that it doesn't
work this way under BSD. (well, it doesn't have SOCK_PACKET at all, so i
used SOCK_RAW, but still didn't get result i wanted). I would appreciate
if anyone could provide me sample code or some links/refernces to online
documentation covering this mistery.

 Thanks beforehands,
 Best Regards
 Fyodor