Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:29:13 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        connecte@sprynet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP address assignment

Matthew & Lori Taylor scribbled this message on Apr 14:
> I am a NOVICE user of UNIX so, bear w/ me here.

well, you'll get MUCH better response from freebsd-questions...  which
is the list for questions like this...

> How/where do I configure the IP address for the NIC?  I didn't see
> anything in the kernel setup, which is understandable, but is there a
> startup script that I can edit so the IP address that I need is static
> on the card?

take a look at /etc/rc.conf...  this has the information you need.. if
you want to manually address the NIC, use ifconfig...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                      Modem Rev/FAX: +1 541 346 9237
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD
	    Don't trust anyone you don't have the source for