Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug <doug@safeport.com>
To:        Robert Kedoin <robert@kedoin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help needed to build RELENG_4_6

If this is your first upgrade, I would start with the example
stable-supfile in /usr/share/examples/cvsup:
_____________
# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
*default host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
# The following line is for 4-stable.  If you want 3-stable or 2.2-stable,
# change "RELENG_4" to "RELENG_3" or "RELENG_2_2" respectively.
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following line.
*default compress

## Main Source Tree.
#
# The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "src-*" collections.
# Please note:  If you want to track -STABLE, leave this uncommented.
src-all
----------------

Note the differences in 'prefix' and 'src-all'. AFAIK the tag is just
wrong on the src-all statement. I do not know the implications of setting
the prefix different from the base, but I do not see any great advantage.
Anyway you will probably get more help from errors coming from a
'standard' setup.

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Robert Kedoin wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am trying to upgrade my 4.2 release system that I had installed from
> CD-ROM to the new 4.6 release. Unfortunately, my buildworld fails with:

[cut]