Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2020 09:59:03 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, yuri@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   quirk in libpng16.{a|so}

Hi, Yuri -- I understand that you maintain the png++ "C++ wrapper for
libpng"?

There's a game engine I'm trying to work with on my 12-stable system,
called Drag[en]gine.

https://dragondreams.ch/

It's a complicated port, and I'll end up tweaking some heavy-duty OpenGL
graphics to get it to do stuff for me. The first issue is that our
libpng16 library is missing a C++ call: png_access_version_number(),
which causes its setup program (a Python script)to crash.

I have both png and png++ installed and both libpng16.so and libpng16.a
are present.

I'm in the process of (also) installing it on my Ubuntu 18.04.4 machine.
It hasn't given me this libpng16 issue.

What do you think of this problem? Is this yours or is it the actual
libpng library itself?

--
Don Wilde
* What is the Internet of Things but a system      *