Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:47:17 -0800
From:      "Jacob S. Barrett" <jbarrett@amduat.net>
To:        michael johnson <ahze@ahze.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports with distcc

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 09:36 pm, michael johnson <ahze@ahze.net> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2004, at 12:21 AM, Jacob S. Barrett wrote:
> > Here is a patch that allows you to do distcc and/or ccache.
>
> that still doesn't let ccache and distcc work together like they do
> when define "CCACHE_PREFIX=distcc"
>
> what's wrong with just setting CC="/usr/local/bin/ccache /bin/cc" in
> /etc/make.conf?

How doesn't it?  Sure it doesn't use CCACHE_PREFIX, but it does the same
thing.  When used in conjuntion with the distcc flags the following compile
statement is generated:

/usr/local/bin/ccache /usr/local/bin/distcc cc

As far as I can tell from the man pages for ccache CCACHE_PREFIX does the same
thing.  Is there something else magical that CCACHE_PREFIX does that the man
page doesn't cover?

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett@amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."