Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 2005 15:17:18 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't run KDE after cvsup

--nextPart1302134.1gG5XSWbWs

Hi,

On my -CURRENT system, this morning after my weekly 'make world', I am not=
=20
able to go into KDE anymore. =20

kdm starts correctly at boot, when I login I see the kde splash and it will=
 go=20
until 'Initializing Peripherals' after which it will exit and go back to th=
e=20
kdm_greet. =20

I see no error messages in either /var/log/kdm.log or Xorg.0.log. =20
Twm loads fine (this is what I am using now).

Though not 100% sure, I don't believe it is a kernel issue since I always=20
reboot after a kernel build, test the kernel by starting kde then I=20
mergemaster/make install world. =20

Any suggestions?

=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #7: Mon Dec 26 12:43:20 EST 2005    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? (updated 16 Nov 05) : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc