Date:      Wed, 19 May 2004 00:47:08 +0200
From:      "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw@withagen.nl>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Panic at line 602 in file ffs_vnops.c

Hi,

In an attempt to port some compiler tools, I'm testing its memory allocator.
And that does not really work, it is a shure way to crash my dual opteron.

panic: ffs_write: uio -> uio_resid < 0
at line 602 in file /home2/src/sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vnop.c

If I then type 'cont' I'd exepct to get coredump.
But it just gives up on 708 buffers, prints the uptime
and sits quitely in a corner until I hard-reset it.
No other keys will get it back....

Before it crashes I first get the inocent LOR on ....swap...:1313
The program usually get an invalid pointer allocated with calloc.
And as far as I can tell, then crashes on free-ing with this pointer.

Any takers on this??
Looks to me there are 2 problems:
    I'm able to upset allocator with this program.
        (If I write the same program, in shorthand, it stays alive)
    The system does not want to dump/reboot

--WjW