Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:40:25 -0400
From:      Glenn Sieb <ges+lists@wingfoot.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Buildworld fails updating from 5.4-RELEASE-p2 to 6.0-RELEASE

krad said the following on 10/22/09 6:43 AM:
> the best way i have found is not doing a build world like this
> take a backup of the /etc dir
>
> (SNIP....)

Mm. While I don't disagree with the method, per se, I'd rather not make
the trek to the data center unless I absolutely have to. I'd just really
like for the buildworld &c. to work as they're supposed to. :-/

So if anyone can tell me what to do to fix that buildworld from
5.4-RELEASE-p2 to go up to 6.0-RELEASE, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,
--Glenn