Date:      Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:30:33 +0200
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Severe problem with XFree86 4.5.0

On Saturday 25 of June 2005 15:13, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Saturday, 25. June 2005 11:29, Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> > Ati driver was quite a bit rewritten though in CVS, so it would be
> > possible that such problem was solved by this.
>
> Does this mean XFree86 finally merged in the xorg changes and included
> MergedFB mode?

No, MergedFB is not available with XFree86 radeon ati driver. I don't think
any changes were merged from Xorg.
However, you should generally be able to grab a driver and replace it - ie you
could take for example radeon_drv.o from another installation and replace the
one in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers. I haven't really tried this lately
though so I don't know if it still works.

Dejan