Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:52:15 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   GNOME 1.4

All,

I am probably going to push back the release of GNOME 1.4 -- I have
made more progress than I expected on the "Fifth-Toe" complementary
release, and believe that it would make more sense to release both
metaports at the same time.

In addition, I am *extremely* interested in reports of:
	(a) esound not working (ie: no GNOME sound at all)
	(b) functionality (or lack thereof) of nautilus

Sadly, due to machine constraints here, I can only take reports from
those running 4.3-RC machines, unless there is a patch which is known
not to require a specific OS.

I am especially interested in (b), since that will make a major
difference to the gnome and gnome-extras meta-ports.

Now's your chance to speak up, people.   Don't starting getting the
waggly finger out when it's committed.  It's a chance to be a part
of the action.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade@FreeBSD.org