Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:22:29 -0700
From:      "Mike Neuman" <mcn@EnGarde.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Pthreads spanning processors?

  Is it possible for pthreads to span multiple processors? In other words,
if I wrote a program with producer and consumers threads, will they run on
the SAME processor simply because they're part of the same underlying
process?

  If so, what are my options for avoiding this problem? Is separate
processes using IPC or a large shared memory segment the best approach?

  Thanks! (Please CC me on any responses)

-Mike