Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:22:52 +0100
From:      Baptiste Grenier <baptiste.grenier@healthgrid.org>
To:        Kemian Dang <dangkm@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nvidia video driver and Fb7

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Le 30/01/08 =E0 13:32, Kemian Dang t=E9l=E9scripta :
> Hi, everyone,
> I have installed the FB7-rc1 and the nvidia driver from port and kept=20
> update to the newest version, but when I change the xorg.conf to use the=
=20
> "nvidia" instead of "nv", the X gave a complain about no /dev/nvidiactl a=
nd=20
> stops, so I can only use nv, which seems slow on some 3d application.
> I tried to download the source from nvidia web page to compile, but it sa=
id=20
> it is not for fb7 now. But, when I install from port, it did not give any=
=20
> error or warning.
>=20
>=20
> So, have anyone tried nvidia driver on fb7 and succeed? Please give some=
=20
> advice on how to solve this problem.

Hi,
Are you loading the nvidia module at boot time? I remember someone
explaining that the nvidia module needs to register the card before the
kernel. A kldload is unsifficient, you need to reboot with this in your
/boot/loader.conf:

-------------8<-----------
nvidia_load=3D"YES"

HTH,