Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:49:43 -0500
From:      John De Boskey <jwd@freebsd.org>
To:        Current List <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   5.0-20021027-CURRENT.iso cdrom will not mount

Hi,

   The last three 5.x install iso cdroms that I have created
will not mount.

   The iso(s) boot correctly and sysinstall works fine. The disks
are formated and newfs'd correctly. However, when sysinstall
tries to mount the cdrom, the following error is received:

Error mounting /dev/acd0c on /dist: Operation not supported by device (19).

   The only thing I think I could be doing wrong/incorrectly is
the iso is currently created on a 4.7 system. I'll try creating
the iso on a 5.x system later this evenning.  The system I am
trying to install onto works fine running 4.7, and the iso cd
mounts ok on a 4.7 system.

   Could this be a GEOM issue? Something else? Has anyone else run
into this problem?

Thanks!
John