Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:03:44 +0100
From:      Jeffery Bond <bond1j@nectech.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting SB16 PNP to work

Hello folks,

I having some trouble getting my SB16 PNP to work with 2.2.7-RELEASE. (A
new one for you !). I've added the following lines to the kernel config
and recompiled it without problem:

controller      pnp0
device pcm0 at isa? port ? irq ? drq ? vector pcmintr

Now I get the following on bootup (from dmesg):

Probing for PnP devices:
CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL0070 [0x70008c0e] Serial 0xffffffff
This is a SB16 PnP, but LDN 0 is disabled

What is LDN 0, and how do I enable it?

What else do I need to do to make it work (eg. MAKEDEV?)

Regards,

Jeff Bond