Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 1996 12:34:10 +0000 (MST)
From:      Jeremy Chatfield <jdc@crab.xinside.com>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        robert@steffi.dgsys.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject:   Re: Accelerated-X Announcement: Approved announcement

Luigi Rizzo writes:
> >    Existing X Inside Accelerated-X customers can upgrade for $49.95,
> >    contact sales@xinside.com for details.

> > Hmm. I purchased your product last month...
> >
> > Are you seriously telling me that I have to pay half the price to
> > upgrade to a new version? Had I known this I probably would have
> > reconsidered my purchasing decision.
>
> Oh, come on, you are talking $50, not $500. Just docs, media and
> handling probably eat up a fair amount of the upgrade price.
>
> [I have no connection with xinside]
>
> 	Luigi

Apologies for my delay in replying, but I've been out of the office
with "Pharyngitis" (I think this is a doctor's term for any unknown
bacterial infection of the throat, except the larynx, which would be
laryngitis, I guess).

There is a 30 day money back period on the 1.2 Server...  We're well
aware of that.  It costs *us* money to process returns, so we lose
money on every returned product, such as the loss of customer good
will, potential referrals, the actual sale, the unreimbursed costs of
us answering the phone or email to take and process the order and the
return, etc.

Rather than flame us, ask our very nice Sales people what they'll do
for you.  We're in business for a couple of reasons, at least one of
which is to make money, and we'll not do that if we severely annoy
every customer :-)

Further - I just approve the mailing.  We try to keep down the posts,
especially in the announce groups, so that they have a higher signal
to noise ratio.  I'm one of the few here that even knows how the
approval mechanism works...  Be careful to avoid shooting the
messenger, please.  Eventually we'll run out of them and nothing will
get approved ;-)

Cheers, JeremyC.
--
Jeremy Chatfield  +1(303)298-7478  FAX:+1(303)298-1406  email:jdc@xinside.com
        Commercial X Products - for more information please try: