Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:45:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is Red Hat a mini Microsoft?

On 23-Mar-99 Donald Wilde wrote:
> It seems to me that we're already being pulled in that direction with
> FreeBSD. My latest 3.1 kernel is 15.4M in size, and the practical limit

What do you have in your kernel?!  My custom 3.1-stable kernel is only 1.3 meg
and my GENERIC kernel is 2.2 meg.  Are you sure your kernel isn't 1.54 Meg?

> Donald Wilde              "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.freebsd.org