Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 18:42:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stupidity subjects box to *severe* stress test -- FreeBSD passes with flying colors

On 10-May-99 Pat Lynch wrote:
> I made the same mistake once... running tripwire at 1 am, I ran 60 copies
> of tripwire, when I woke up in the morning, and logged in remotely, it
> was a little sluggish, and the load was up to 134 or something like
> that...
>
> (ok, a *little* sluggish is an understatement)
>
> but I was able to kill all the tripwire processes (took me 25 minutes)

"killall -9 tripwire" took 25 minutes???

I did a killall on cron, cvsup, make, and had things back to normal in no
time.  Just try *that* on a Winblows box (of course, the Winblows box would
have died a horrible death long before that anyway).

FreeBSD never ceases to amaze me, I tell ya.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>

Anyone who hates Dogs and Kids Can't be All Bad.
                -- W. C. Fields