Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2006 13:26:05 -0500
From:      "illoai@gmail.com" <illoai@gmail.com>
To:        "Bill Moran" <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moused insists on starting

On 9/28/06, Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> wrote:

> 6.1.  Moused starts on boot, and issuing /etc/rc.d/moused stop has
> not effect.  My /etc/rc.conf has the line:
> moused_enable="NO"
> yet the damn thing starts.

USB mouse?

Becuase those seem to be handled automagically
somewhere by usbd.

usbd.conf(5) gives an ensample of how to make
usbd attach a mouse, but there does not seem
to be a simple counterexample, and it happens
without such lines in any case, it would seem.

>From a quick grep, it would appear that apmd
has a provision for starting moused, as with devd.