Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2015 23:03:57 +0300
From:      Maxim Filimonov <che@bein.link>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        Thomas Elsgaard <thomas.elsgaard@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 and Lenovo Laptops

On Saturday 10 January 2015 17:00:26 Thomas Elsgaard wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Maxim Filimonov <che@bein.link> wrote:
> > On Saturday 10 January 2015 13:08:29 Thomas Elsgaard wrote:
> > > Dear list..
> > >
> > > I was wondering if there is any Lenovo laptops where FreeBSD 10.1 with
> > > Gnome "just works" ?
> > >
> > > Any recommendations ?
> >
> > ThinkPads T-Series seem to "just work" on any major OS including FreeBSD.
> > At
> > least the older ones like the T410 (which I'm using right now). Also, what
> > exactly do you need to work? In my case, even the fingerprint scanner
> > works
> > fine.
> >
> > --
> > wbr, Maxim Filimonov
>
> Will try to look into the T-series then ... What i need to work is:
>
> A gnome desktop, wireless network, keyboard and mouse.. and preferably some
> decent power mgmt.
>
> I have tested on an X301 but never managed to get the screen, keyboard and
> mouse  working properly

My T410 works just fine: the screen, the keyboard (btw what exactly do you mean
by "keyboard working"? Isn't a keyboard a basic device which just works
everywhere?); the TrackPoint works just fine, the system suspends and wakes up
just fine. The wireless network is also fully functional out of the box. I am
using the built-in Centrino adapter right now.

--
wbr, Maxim Filimonov