Date:      Wed, 08 Jan 2014 00:42:24 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <lists@rewt.org.uk>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ETHER_MAX_LEN_JUMBO

16k frames are available on commidity intel cards so perhaps a bump to
16k should be enough for the foreseeable future, although saying that
there is nothing to stop another big leap in frame sizes.

We should probably be ahead of the curve here, rather than playing catch
up with vendors.  Would it be possible to limit the max size by looking
at drivers in the tree at compile-time, perhaps have them declare the
max frame size the supported hardware can handle?