Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:19:39 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Captain Jason Beltz <rdobbs@fedbbs.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GZIP Question

If you downloaded the file with netscape, netscape may have already
unzipped it. In that case, just untar it.

-- Jay

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, Captain Jason Beltz wrote:

->To Whom It May Concern;
->	I appear to be having trouble with GZIP.  I retrieved a copy of
->Linux's version of Netscape (I am using the compatibility library) and I
->am trying to uncompress the archieve (gz extension).  GZIP keeps telling
->me it's not a GZIP archieve.
->	What sould I do?  Please let me know if you need further
->information on the configuration of my machine past the following
->information:
->
->CPU:	Intel Pentium 150
->Memory:	64 MB
->Disk1:	6.4GB - approx. 5.1 GB free
->OS:	FreeBSD 2.2.2RELEASE (installed over FTP through PPP dialup)
->
->Sincerely;
->Raymond Dobbs
->