Date:      07 Jun 2000 11:39:05 +0100
From:      Harry Newton <harry_newton@telinco.co.uk>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Size of repository and source trees

[...]

    Alfred> Er, have you removed all compiled object files from the
    Alfred> kernel directories as well as all distfiles from
    Alfred> /usr/ports/distfiles and cleaned ports before running this
    Alfred> audit?

I was just asking about the tables that Greg Lehay quotes in The
Complete FreeBSD (p368 in 3rd edition). The object files wouldn't be
in the repository anyway of course, and the distfile issue isn't
relevant to the sys/src tree and src/ trees.

It's not one of those `vital' questions, just a case of personal
curiosity. I was also worried that I haven't understood the
repository vs. source-tree difference.

[...]

Cheers, Harry

--