Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:36:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Woods <freebsd@cybcon.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FW: DSL natd rules....

I am doing a little prep work so when DSL comes in, I will be ready. These are
the proposed rules/entrys/and set up I am thinking of useing. I have in rc.conf
for it. The system that this comes from is going to be a gateway/router. It is
connected to the net like this:

                                    I-----------I
 ---------Internet DSL------------>>I Cisco 675 I << 10.0.0.1 is ip of cisco
                                    I-----------I
                                        ether
     dhclient assinged address 10.0.0.2  de1 (NAT for internal LAN)
                                    I-----------I
                                    I  Gateway  I
                                    I  Router   I
                                    I  FreeBSD  I
                                    I    3.4    I
                                    I-----------I
                                         de0  (192.168.0.1)
                                        ether
                                     I---------I
                                     I   HUB   I
                                     I---------I
                                       /  I   \
                                      /   I    \
                                     /    I     \
                                    /     I      \
                                Win98   FreBSD   Win2000
                          192.168.0.4 192.168.0.2   192.168.0.3

Here is my proposed rc.conf for the gateway/router:

# This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf
# please make all changes to this file.
# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
sendmail_enable="NO"
ifconfig_de0="inet 192.168.0.1  netmask 255.255.255.0"

defaultrouter="NO"
gateway_enable="YES"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_interface="de1"