Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 08:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Antony Thomson <anto4edu@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error in shell encryption

Hi,

Whenever i run the encrypted shell script,  i'm getting the below given error
(Encryption is done using shc command in freebsd-4.10)

%sh shcsample.sh.x
shcsample.sh.x: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Same error throws for all the scripts with .sh.x extention but working fine for .sh (without encryption)

I want to protect my password details in shell script. If there is any other way, please provide your suggestion

Thanks in advance
Antony Thomson
INDIA

Yahoo! Mail