Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 10:57:45 -0700
From:      "Mullen, Adam" <Adam.Mullen@compaq.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Mullen, Adam" <Adam.Mullen@compaq.com>
Subject:   Netgear FA312 10/100 Ethernet Nic

I recently bought a Netgear FA312 Nic based off of the fact that they
claimed it ran under Linux.  Well, not quite that simple.  It runs under
Linux under the kernel they developed it for.  To say the least, I've thrown
Linux out the door and am now running FreeBSD.  I can't get this card to
work here either.  I've found that under OpenBSD they suggest useing the sis
drivers.  I've tried compiling the sis code into the kernel but no such
luck.  My latest escapade was to compile all of the network drivers into the
kernel and see what happens.  When I do an ifconfig -a, nothing shows up
besides the nomal loopback.  When I do dmesg | grep -i inet, nothing shows
up.  Has anyone else made attempts to use the FA312 Nic and does anyone know
if this is even possible?

Cheers, Adam

Adam D. Mullen
Compaq Premier Support