Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:54:04 +1000
From:      Patrick Crilly <pcrilly@onthenet.com.au>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@casselton.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARM QEMU

Mark Tinguely wrote:
> The NEO1973 qemu source gets as far as inflating the kernel and then gives
> an error (3) and then says something like the boot code had been over written
> and has to restart. I tried to strip down the kernel by taking out the
> debuggers, but the much smaller kernel does the same sequence
Sometime last year u-boot code was changed to prevent an uncompressed
kernel from being written over. I think that is the error you're
getting. If you use an older copy of u-boot, then you should be able to
get the kernel to boot. Or check out this link which has a patch to
u-boot that restores
the old behavior -

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2008-April/032477.html

--
“Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.”
Homer Simpson