Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 00:13:57 -0400
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        ken@mui.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.10 and search options

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 08:28:54AM -1000, ken@mui.net wrote:
> I've noticed a few things that puzzle me.  Perhaps someone can
> help enlighten me on this:

[snip]

> 2- there doesn't seem to be listed certain version changes, ie,
> sendmail versions.  what I mean is it would be nice to have a place
> where we could tell if sendmail is up to date or not, other than
> doing a telnet hostname smtp.

You can just look at the header of any mail you receive. For example,
take a look at the top of this one. Or if I take a look at the top of
the one I am replying to here,

        by cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id OAA39333
        for <cjc@localhost>; Tue, 23 May 2000 14:36:34 -0400 (EDT)
        (envelope-from owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG)

Looks like I'm runing 8.9.3; the one that comes with 3.4-STABLE. In
case you were still curious, looks like that's what you have too,

        by rocksalt.mui.net (8.9.3/8.9.3) with ESMTP id IAA02048
        for <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>; Tue, 23 May 2000 08:33:34 -1000 (HST)
        (envelope-from ken@rocksalt.mui.net)