Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:53:30 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: usb keyboard setup -or- HELP!

Check out the ukbd man page

	man 4 ukbd

It should give you all the information you need.

The PS/2 connector should be recognised by the ums driver and it should
give you a mouse that you can attach as described in the ums man page.

Let me know if this does not work for you, so we can improve the man
pages.

Thanks.

Nick

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Jim Bryant wrote:

 > hi, i'm running 4.0-current on a dual p2-333 box.  i run X, and am
 > looking for help in setting up a usb keyboard for use with
 > FreeBSD/Xfree86.
 >
 > if anyone has this running, i could use the help in setting it up.
 >
 > also, this keyboard has a ps2 mouse connector.  does the mouse get
 > recognized as a usb mouse?
 >
 > jim
 > --
 > All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
 > think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or
 > radioactive waters and yell WAHOO !!!      |  numbered!" - #1, "The Prisoner"

ISIS/STA, T.P.270, Joint Research Centre, 21020 Ispra, Italy