Date:      Sat, 08 Oct 2011 00:12:55 +0400
From:      "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: aliasing (or renaming) kern.geom.debugflags

--------------enigC1503DBD3434C4416A1C1A0F

On 07.10.2011 23:41, Glen Barber wrote:
> In my experience, without kern.geom.debugflags=3D16, the MBR will not b=
> written to the memstick, leaving you with what would effectively be a
> coaster in the not-so-distant past.

The problem is that this bad suggestion is everywhere in the Internet.
And users use it always even when it not needed. I think it is bad idea
add it in the our official documentation.
When you doing all in the right way using debugflags=3D16 is not needed.
And it is really dangerous when you doing something what you do not know
exactly.

--=20
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov