Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:47:35 +1100
From:      "Corey Ralph" <corey.ralph@datafast.net.au>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP on HP LH3000R?

I have recently added a second cpu into a HP netserver LH3000R.  It
worked fine before, but now halts when booting.

The first time, it told me that I had the options wrong, that I needed
to set NBUS to 8 and NAPIC to 2.  I did that, now it boots most of the
way and locks up after mounting the first hard drive, when it would
normally mount the raid.

I booted it again with a non-smp kernel and it is working fine again.

uname -a:

FreeBSD mail.datafast.net.au 4.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #2: Tue Feb
6 10:29:49 EST 2001
root@mail.datafast.net.au:/usr/src/sys/compile/MAILSERVER  i386

Cheers,
Corey