Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 1995 21:11:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        "=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: screen port

On Mon, 19 Jun 1995, =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage wrote:

> In message
>     <Pine.LNX.3.91.950618125612.7148E-100000@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
>     -Vince- writes:
>
> >On Fri, 16 Jun 1995, =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage wrote:
>
> >when you create screen sessions like 5 for example, it would only show
> >the 5th one in your login info from finger when it's supposed to show all
> >5 of them.  Then like if you do a mesg n on the 5th one and all the
>
> Sounds like lack of ptys or incorrect pty names
> at the and of pty list. Try to dig out used pty names before
> and after it happens.

	Ahhh, you are correct about this.  I just looked in /dev/pty* and
I have both /dev/ptyp0 and /dev/ptyP0, I have the /dev/ptyp0 in my
/etc/ttys file but how should it be set up since is this a recent change
since I remember FreeBSD used to use /dev/ptyp0 but didn't know when this
changed to /dev/ptyP0...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD, Real UN*X for Free!