Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:16:52 -0500
From:      Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com>
To:        mpd6334@cs.rit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Ripping with grip/dagrab

Hi,

mpg123 -w test.wav test.mp3 shows the following produces no .wav file,
however, it can play the mp3 just fine... what's wrong, can I work around
this, is there something else out there that can convert .mp3 to .wav
(besides WinAmp which can handle the same file)

$ mpg123 -w test.wav test.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0/2.5 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59r (1999/Jun/15). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Playing MPEG stream from test.mp3 ...
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
Format not supported.
[2:29] Decoding of test.mp3 finished.
$