Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:43:51 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Raul Zighelboim <mango@staff.communique.net>
Cc:        "'Dan Busarow'" <dan@dpcsys.com>, mheath@netspace.net.au, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is there still problems with Adaptec UW controllers (fwd)

Raul Zighelboim wrote in message ID
<A03CD00C69B1D01195AB00A024ECEB162AB876@kaori.communique.net>:

> Yes; I do use MMAP....  What is the implication ?

If you need to restart inn every 6 hours or the machine crashes, then
there is a problem with MMAP on your machine somehow which (I would
guess) is corrupting one of the VM tables. How, I'm not quite
sure. I'd try inn without mmap (and without the restart either) and
see if its repeatable. MMAP doesn't gain much anyhow, especially if
you are running actived (http://www.nntp.sol.net/~jgreco/patches I
think)

Gary